Thursday, October 1, 2009

18 weeks

Happy 18 weeks, baby boy!
Everything is going great. Dustin and I have digested the fact that we are adding a boy to our family and are more excited than we ever imagined! Addison and I went out yesterday and bought a few outfits for the little guy. I had more fun shopping for boy attire than I thought I would. They really make some cute things these days and I can't resist the sales. I was able to get some nice designer outfits for a fraction of the original cost, all in 0-3 month and 3-6 month sizes. Everything seems so little...and then I look back at Addison's preemie clothes and can't believe I had a baby that small. But you should see these little shoes I got him. OMIGOSH they are just so sweet. Anyway...I need to stay away from the mall!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How your baby's growing:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am feeling little jabs a lot now, which is undeniably one of the best feelings ever. I am looking forward to the day that other people can feel them. I think Addison will get a kick out of it. (No pun intended.) She is very into looking up my shirt and telling me "Mommy baby belly" and then proceeding to lift her own shirt up and say "Adsin baby belly". The other day in the car she kept telling Dustin and I that she had a baby in her belly and I told her if that was the case, she could make us millions!

Here are some 18 week belly shots.


I went to look back at my 18 week belly pictures with Addison. It's funny how similar the belly looks with both pregnancies. All those people who told me, "Oh, you'll pop right away with your second" were so wrong, wouldn't you agree?
As a matter of fact, I feel like I was even a little more popped out with Addison. Please excuse the protruding collar bones and skeletal arms. Holy moly, my body was soooooo unhealthy! Yuck!
Dustin and I are celebrating 18 weeks tonight with our good friends at dinner and the live tour of "So You Think You Can Dance" (a favorite of ours)!

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

So what they say isnt true at all!! haha
And I agree boys clothes are a lot cuter than I thought they would be.