Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chicago Day 2

Day 2 of Chicago began with another trip on the el. Destination: Lincoln Park. My old stomping ground. I spent a good few years in Lincoln Park and a part of my heart will always be there.







I call this Addison's modeling picture. Haaaa.


We arrived and the sun starting coming out. Good thing because it POURED on us all afternoon and evening.
We hit up a few shops. I found some boots, which made me happy because I've been on the prowl for weeks now with no luck.


Emily and I were in a children's store looking for boy bedding inspiration. Meanwhile, Dustin and Addison were out walking around and came back to tell us that there was a puppy store right next door. This store did not exist when I lived there. It was only a couple blocks from my apartment so God knows I would have been there daily! Even more, all they carried at this store were "designer breeds", including the malte-poo. Wrigley is a malte-poo so of course I think they are the best dog ever.
Addison loved the puppy kisses!


And I just LOVED the puppy. He looked just like Wrigley did as a pup. I could hardly resist not taking him with me!

From there, we headed to Old Town for brunch with an old friend, Matt and his girlfriend, Jenn. Matt and I used to work and play together back in the day. It had been a few years, so it was extra special to see him and meet Jenn. I didn't get any pictures, darnit! But the food was yummy and the company even better.
After Addison napped, she and Dustin met out with Em, Jennie and I as we were tearing up the Magnificent Mile. No, not really...I only saved so much room in my luggage. Addison was bored at Bloomingdale's so we headed across the street to American Girl, where she was no longer bored. At all. She loved playing with the Bitty Babies. It was tempting to get her one, but I decided to hold off for a special occassion.

Look, she even found a Bitty Baby that was dressed like her!

"Baby, you stay in the stroller while I hold my look-alike baby."

Dinner was at The Cheesecake Factory and she was in bed by 7. I wasn't too far behind. It was a busy day!

No comments: