Thursday, October 22, 2009

21 weeks

There isn't much to report this week. I am still feeling good, except the back/rib issue (which I have a feeling will exist for the remainder of my pregnancy) and still have an extremely "hearty" appetite. I eat a nice meal and am hungry an hour later. 24 hours a day! I think I am right on track with weight gain. Sorry, I'm keeping the number a secret. A girl has to maintain some modesty! Not that I mind the weight, it's just different (read: more) than when I was pregnant with Addison. Of course, I did have extreme circumstances surrounding my 1st pregnancy.

I am sleeping pretty well, typically only getting up once or twice a night to go to the bathroom and feeling pretty good throughout the day. I do still appreciate the occasional nap, mostly because I need a lot of energy to keep up with my sweet toddler for 12 hours a day. I took a 10-15 minute nap yesterday and felt like a million bucks. If I sleep too long, I feel crappy all afternoon. I wish I knew how to train my body to wake up after a short, cat nap. I've tried setting an alarm, but then my mind goes haywire wondering how long I have left. So, that doesn't work out so well.

Dustin finally felt his little boy move last week. I feel it all the time (and love it) and always feel sorry for Dustin because he doesn't get to enjoy it like I do. So, I was excited the baby put on a little show for him!

-------------------------------------------------

How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.


-------------------------------------------------

Ready for the belly pictures? I think you could say I've "popped". Just in the last 4-5 days, really. I think I actually look pregnant now, to most people. We were out last night with some friends and joining us was a couple I've only met once. Toward the end of the evening, the woman congratulated me (as Dustin had just told them of the pregnancy) and she said to me, "I thought you might be, but since I don't know you that well, I didn't want to assume." My translation: I thought you were a little thinner when I first met you, so I thought either you were pregnant or have eaten too much halloween candy." To which my answer would be, "both". :) Basically, I have to really stick it out or else people might think I'm just a little pudgy! You be the judge....

(I'm sure you'll notice that Addison wanted in on the picture-taking action this time.)


Doesn't it look so much bigger from the front?


1 comment:

Katie said...

I love, love, love the belly! You look great Kristi. I love following along each week!