Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy 90th to my Grandpa!!

We were in Dayton over the weekend celebrating my Grandpa's 90th birthday. My Grandpa is the biggest character I've ever known. For 30 years, he's made me laugh to the point of almost peeing my pants and I'm certain the 60 before that were no different!

Grandpa is such a good, hardworking man. He raised 9 children and has played an integral part in the upbringing of 34 grandchildren (me included) and soon-to-be 19 great grandchildren. There are very few days that I can remember not seeing my Grandpa during my childhood. It seems we were always over at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I didn't realize until later in my life how fortunate I was to be so close to my Grandparents. And things never change, it seems. I think it's a rare day when there isn't a grandchild or great-grandchild over at my Grandparents. He even has a grandchild as young as 1 year old. Now, that will keep a guy young!

No one can deny that Grandpa is getting older. But, the man has the heart of a 20 year old and we love him for that.

There is no better thing than to celebrate another year in a great mans life. And with over 75 people (mostly family - we have lots of family!) in attendance, that's what we did over the weekend! We love you Grandpa!!!!
All of the kids really had a great time playing outside on a beautiful fall afternoon.


I love this picture of Addison and her Daddy.


Addison swinging from a bar. Who would have thought?


The wonderful man we were celebrating with his wonderful wife of over 60 years. Boy do I admire them!

And here are 8 of the goofballs they raised.


Trying to get my aunts and uncles to cooperate was worse than working with a bunch of toddlers!
Aunt Bec regulating. Shape up, guys!

Almost. Leave it to Uncle Tom to keep acting up!


Ahhh, finally a nice picture of my Mom, Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents.
And another

This one is priceless. Grandpa was giving Grandma a hard time when she asked for a kiss, but he finally gave in. I love how their kids are looking at them.

And introducing the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. We are missing about 10 here. Pretty darn good!


Addison and her Great-Grandparents.
Happy Birthday, Grandpa. We look forward to celebrating with you again next year!

No comments: