Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oh the things they say...

Kids really do say the darndest things! Every day Addison says something that either makes me laugh or stare in wonderment. Or both.

The other day, she was in my china hutch. I would like to note that I don't think she knew this even existed until this week. For some reason, she never bothered it and I was very grateful. Well, she finally found my dishes, namely the salt and pepper shakers. I heard something clanking around and ran into the dining room. As soon as she saw me, she put them back and shut the door. I got down on her level and said something like "Addison, those are very breakable and we don't play with them." She said "I sorry, Mommy" and gave me a hug. She then walked over to the crucifix hanging on the wall with hands in prayer position and said "I pray to Jesus". OMG, I was crying it was so sweet. I don't know where she even got the idea to pray to Jesus after doing something wrong. This is not something we've ever taught her. It just amazes me the things little ones come up with!

Another funny thing she did was when we were out on errands a couple of days ago. She saw a man with tattoos all over his arms and said "Stamps, Mommy. Stamps!" Addison gets stamps twice a week after gym and music class and often refers to them throughout the week. She really loves stamps. I'm hoping she didn't get any ideas from this guy.....

A laugh a day keeps the doctor away. Oh, is this child keeping me healthy!

1 comment:

Hollywood said...

that is an adorable story--thanks for sharing. I agree--the way kids "put things together" sometimes makes you wonder...