Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Texas Cousins

We had quite a bit of family in from Texas to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday. All 4 of my Grandma's living siblings live in Texas (mostly the Fort Worth area) so they have a crew even bigger than ours down there! Hard to imagine.

Some of my family (Sherri, who is my 3rd cousin, her husband, Daniel and their 2 boys, Ethen and Caleb) extended their stay in Ohio by staying with us in Columbus for a couple of days.

I have to start off by saying that these two boys, ages 8 and 9, were the nicest, most polite, respectful boys I have ever met. Sherri and Daniel have done an excellent job at raising a couple of great young men! When the four of them left, it didn't even look like I'd had guests in my house (let alone 2 adolescent boys!)

Addison adored Ethen and Caleb. Every morning she would wake up asking for her cousins. We practiced our "quiet voices" because they were all trying to enjoy their vacation by sleeping in a bit! Once she heard them wake up, she would stand at the bottom of the stairs chanting "Cousins!"

Addison enjoying her second breakfast of the day with her cousins. She wants to be a big kid so badly!


We took them to our indoor pool, played in our playroom (which the boys seemed to really enjoy, surprisingly) and hit the zoo. They also went out to eat and shop and to a chocolate factory while Addison napped in the afternoons.

Here are some pictures from the zoo....

Posing on a sculpture at the Habitat House


Patiently waiting at the cafe for some hot chocolate!


The beauty of Fall is breathtaking


Holding hands with her buddy. This was not posed. Caleb was walking next to the wagon and when I turned around, this is what I saw.


When we had to say goodbye, Addison seemed a little let down. I explained to her that her cousins had to go back to Texas and she said "Addsin go back Texas, too?" Awwwwwww......

She was asleep before we even left the zoo parking lot. It must have all been very exciting for her!

No comments: