Saturday, June 27, 2009

Little fish

It isn't all that often that Dustin is able to join us at the pool, so I thought I would post some pictures of he and Addison.

Dustin is our swimmer. I swam competitively for 8 years so am not what you would call a bad swimmer, but Dustin swam competitively for 16 years (including D1 collegiate swimming) so there is really no comparison. He would love for our girl to be a little fish, as well, and has been spending some time this summer giving her "lessons".

She loves blowing bubbles.

And is a really strong kicker.

I think it's safe to say that at the age of 18 months, our daughter could officially be considered a "pool rat". She just adores the water and would spend all day at the pool, if she could. She always works up quite the appetite after a couple hours of swimming. She immediately asks for "snacks" when we get in the car.

P.S. She is not sun burnt. I coat the fair-skinned child with gobs of sunscreen every time we are outside. Her cheeks get pink when she is active, especially when she is warm. I can't tell you how many people at the pool this year have said "It's probably good you're going home...looks like she's had enough sun today" when we've been packing up. Oh, unsolicited commentors...how I loathe thee!

No comments: