Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Poo-Poo on the Potty

UPDATE: She went pee and poo on her little training potty tonight (8/26/09) before bath time! We aren't formally potty-training yet, but I think this is a great start! Oh, and she proved me wrong by pooping twice today. Little stinker.

ORIGINAL POST:
Addison went poo-poo on the potty for the first time today! Every day after lunch/before her nap, if she hasn't already gone, I ask her to go poo-poo (so she doesn't wake up halfway through her nap and go, thus resulting in a shortened nap). 9 out of 10 times, she'll squat in place and go (in her diaper). She also tells us when she has to go. But, she only poo's once a day, so if she's already gone, I know it means she is just having gas.

Yesterday after lunch, she said she had to go poo-poo and I told her that was fine and to go ahead and go. Then she told me she wanted her clothes off. Next, she wanted her diaper off. So, I stripped her down and off to the bathroom she ran. I helped her up on the potty and as she watched through her legs (which sounds icky, I know, but it was humorous to mommy) - she pooped! And let me tell you how much easier the clean-up was....

We're so proud. :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay Addison!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!

Noah said...

Aunt Julie is so proud too! Congrats on going pee and poo like a big girl!