Sunday, January 18, 2009

My first pair of walking shoes

Today I went to pick out my first pair of good, sturdy, walking shoes...now that I am walking EVERYWHERE! So, I loaded Mommy, Daddy, Gammy and Poppy into the car and we all headed to Stride Rite.

When I got there, I picked out a pair of shoes that I thought were really pretty!

How about these, Mommy? These are cute, too!
Mommy vetoed both pairs I picked out saying, "those aren't the kind of shoes we are buying today". So, I gave up and went to play with the toys they had at the store.

Mommy, this is the same activity table my friend, Ariana, has! Finally, it was my turn to be fitted for shoes. The nice sales lady measured my foot.

I have a little foot. Size 3 1/2 (wide - just like my Grandma F. said!).
We picked out 2 pairs to try on. The first pair I tried on was the one I picked out all by myself. It was pink and white with velcro. So pretty! I walked around pretty well in them.

The second pair I tried on was white with flowers and scalloping. They went a little higher on my ankle and tied up. I walked really well in these, too!

Tying the shoes.

Daddy, do you like them? They're pretty snazzy, if you ask me.
I'll take them!


Posing with Gammy and Poppy, just tickled with joy about my new purchase. Mommy said I will probably always smile like this after buying shoes. She does! Showing everyone at the mall my new shoes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes. Smiling just like your mom does when she buys shoes:)

Anonymous said...

So sweet baby... Love her new adorable shoes!!