Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas at Gammy and Poppy's house

After having Christmas at our house, we packed up the car and headed down to Dayton for what was going to be a very busy 4 days of holiday celebrations! Right when we got to Gammy and Poppy's, I tried to lay down for a nap but was just too excited to see everyone. So, I put on a pretty dress and we all headed to Uncle Ron and Aunt Joyce's to see the Degers (Poppy's side of the family). I met a lot of new people and appreciated the very attentive audience while I put on an act.
Noah and I showing off for our audience.
It was so much fun and I would have loved to have stayed longer, but we had another side of the family to go see....the Neviuses!

Now, I have to quickly tell you about the Neviuses. This is my Gammy's side of the family. Gammy is one of 9 children, my Mommy is one of 34 grandchildren and I am one of 16 great-grandchildren. So, add those numbers up then add a significant other for about half of those people and throw in a couple long-time family friends of my uncles for good measure. Put us all (ages 5 months - 89 years old) in Great Grandma and Grandpa's house and you get one big, crazy Nevius family get together!!! Absolutely crazy. By the time we left the Degers it was nearing 7 o'clock. As most of you know, I go to bed around 6 o'clock. Only a couple times have I stayed up later than that. So, we weren't quite sure how I was going to make it to another party, especially without having taken an afternoon nap! Well, it turns out I am quite the party girl. It took some perseverance but I was able to make it through a couple hours of the party before showing signs of wanting to go to sleep.

Cousins Anna and Sam spinning me on the Sit 'n Spin.

Daddy holding his baby and me holding my baby.Luckily Gammy and Great Grandma live close to one another so within 5 minutes, I was back to Gammy's and going to bed. This night would kind of mess up my sleeping schedule until further notice! The next morning, we all woke up and Noah and I couldn't wait to start playing and exploring. I first checked out Gammy's new shatter-proof nativity. I kept very gingerly taking Baby Jesus out of his crib and putting him back in. Then I played on the drum.

Showed Noah where his nose is

and played ball with Noah. It's one of my favorite games! I can even say the word "ball", but it sounds more like "baw". That's a good start, right?After Noah and I took our morning naps, Aunt Lori and Uncle Shawn came over for some gift opening.

I couldn't wait for Noah to open his gift from me
so I could play with it!

Even my baby enjoyed a ride.
Later that afternoon, these 2 weirdos came over.
That picture shows their true colors, this one below is very fake. :)
More presents were opened and then it was time for bed. Another fun day with my wonderful family!
After I went to bed, the gang had dinner and played some games. This funny one stuck around.Then, as a family tradition, the gang played their scratch off lottery tickets. Mommy and Daddy didn't win, as usual, but these 4 did! Oh, the excitement was in the air!
The next day was full of playing with cousin Noah and would you believe, more gift opening? Poppy also started a new tradition and read Noah and I the Charlie Brown Christmas story!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be more proud of the pictures of me that made it onto this blog :) I am NOT a weirdo!