Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First trip to the Dentist

Today I made a trip to have my teeth cleaned. First, the dental hygienist brushed my 6 teeth with bubblegum toothpaste. Then she flossed my teeth and brushed them again, but this time with fluoride. Then Dr. Jake (oh, handsome Dr. Jake - sorry Daddy!) came to look at my teeth. He said that I have BE-OOOTIFUL teeth. He said that my enamel looks good so far (something Mommy was worried about because I was born before the enamel on my teeth would have fully developed).

Dr. Jake wants to see me every 6 months (I won't complain about that- ooops, sorry Daddy). He also wants me to continue brushing my teeth every night and also to wipe a washcloth across them after every meal. He suggested we limit the juice. Check - I don't drink juice, anyway. Then he said to try not to let me develop a habit of constantly sipping from a sippy cup. Done - I'm way too busy to be toting a cup around with me all day. Finally, he said to try to eliminate the bottles. Mommy was very proud to tell him that as of this week, I am completely off the bottle! He was very impressed and said my Mommy is doing a great job keeping my teeth healthy!

Mommy had 3 things she was supposed to bring with us to the dentist (1. me, 2. paperwork, and 3. camera). She managed to remember me and half the paperwork, but forgot the camera. Darn! Here are pictures we took when I got home from the dentist. They gave me the balloon and stickers for being such a good girl.

See my bright, pearly whites!

Kissing the balloon Dr. Jake gave me.
Teeth all clean!
See you in 6 months, Dr. Jake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you have your next appointment in 6 months. I'll make sure I'm off so I can come and oogle this hot dentist dude. I might have him check out a few of my pearly whites!