Thursday, April 2, 2009

Addison at the Neonatal Clinic

Today was my semi-annual follow up at the Children's Neonatal Clinic. First, I was given an extensive Occupational/Physical Therapy Developmental Evaluation using the Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development.


BRAGGING TIME BEGINS..........

The average range for scaled scores is 8-12 with 10 being the mean. Based on my actual age (being 16 months), I scored an 11 in Cognitive, Fine Motor and Gross Motor and a 13 and 14 in Expressive Communication and Receptive Communication, respectively. Based on the age I was supposed to be at the time, which was just under 14 months old, I scored 12's, a 15 and 16! My actual age equivalent is 16 months in Cognitive, Fine Motor and Gross Motor and 20 months in Communication! Needless to say, I am considered "beyond caught up from being born prematurely". Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to one of Nationwide Children's Hospital's youngest Neonatal clinic "graduates" in history. ME! (Applause, applause. Curtsey.) Thank you very much!

BRAGGING TIME ENDS.

After my OT/PT eval, I was weighed and measured. I weighed in at 23lb 2 oz (46%) and was 31" (50%) in length. Then my neonatal pediatrician came in to do her evaluation. We played a lot and I couldn't stop laughing at her. She wasn't doing anything funny...I was just being a goofball. She told Mommy that I was amazing (and equipped with quite the humor) oh shoot, bragging time ended already and thought it would be a complete waste of time to see me around my 2nd birthday, which is when they anticipated my next appointment to be. It was at this time that I was officially discharged (graduated - especially for you, Meganne!) from the program. WOOT!


Mommy and Daddy are obviously very proud of me. I've worked hard these 16 months to get where I am today. Thankfully I've had a lot of teachers to help me along the way. I really like to learn and am a huge book worm. I think it's only going to get better from here....

No comments: