Sunday, August 29, 2010

Up on the Roof

Dustin and I went to a fundraising benefit yesterday evening, called "Up on the Roof". It's an event that raises money for the OSU James Cancer Hospital (where I was/am treated for my cancer). In the 17 years that this event has been held, it has raised more than $5 million dollars to support the hospital and Solove Research Institute, such as the opening of a new state-of-the art cancer hospital targeted to open in early 2011. I am also helping fundraising efforts in another way and Dustin is beginning a great opportunity with the hospital as well....more on that sometime in the future!

It was a fancy black-tie affair and we had a wonderful time! I had a very special one-on-one conversation with Chris Spielman and met some very influential people, including Coach Jim Tressel (the Buckeyes football coach), Gordon Gee (OSU President) and State Senator Jon Husted.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm glad you had a great time but... Jon Husted? Ugh! I'll have to introduce you to some REAL politicians. :)