Monday, August 30, 2010

7 Months Old

Chaser, our little baby boy who just couldn't wait to grace this world with his beautiful presence, is now 7 months old.

And a big one! He weighs in on our home scale at a whopping 22 pounds! Now, that's not official but if you were able to get your hands on our heavy weight, you would probably agree that it's pretty close.

I never could have imagined how deeply I would love him - every ounce of his chubbiness, every roll, every finger, every toe, every giggle, every burp, every fuss, every funny face, every tug on the hair, clothes and jewelry, and of course, every last bit of the sweetest sweetness I have ever known!!! He is, as Addison (and Dora) would say, DELICIOSO!!!!

He's eating a ton of fruits and veggies and taking about 25 ounces of milk. He fits best into 12-18 month clothes but I am trying to still squeeze him into some of his smaller sizes because I hate to pack outfits away without him ever having had the chance to wear them! He is still in size 3 diapers but as soon as we get through this last box, we will be moving him up to 4's!

He goes down at 6-6:30pm and wakes somewhere between 6:30-7:30am. If he wakes before 6:45, he eats a few ounces and goes back down for another hour. Otherwise, he just takes his 2 regular naps each day, racking up another 3-4 hours of sleep between those. The boy does like to sleep!


He is still as happy as can be, rarely ever fussing and almost never crying. Actually, I have noticed lately that he is quite sensitive. I was on the phone with a friend last week, while feeding Chase in his highchair, when my call dropped (darn iPhone!) I called her back and said, "I have just about had it with AT&T" and Chase immediately looked at me, frowned and busted out in a very loud, scared cry. Tears and all! This is so unusual that it really caught me off guard and just broke my heart. I told Dustin about it and he said that he was a very sensitive child and cried when his mom would look at him in a certain way. So, needless to say, I am going to have to be very careful around Chase. Awwwww!!!

Chase definitely knows his name as well as Mommy, Daddy and Sissy. He loves my phone and other electronics. If Addison is down for her nap and I am feeding him his bottle, he loves to hold the video monitor and watch his sissy sleeping. He no longer falls asleep in our arms while we are feeding him. When he is done with his bottle, he wiggles to let us know he is ready for bed. We lay him in his crib and he'll flash the biggest grin and fall asleep with no problem.


Chase puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. Toys, blankets, his fingers, my fingers, your fingers, hair, jewelry, his clothes, my clothes, your clothes, feet, (not my feet or your feet!), spoons, combs.....honestly anything he can get his hands on! He doesn't drool, I don't feel any teeth coming through, and he's not fussy. So, I would venture to guess that he isn't teething but just likes to have things in his mouth! Ironically, he wants nothing to do with a pacifier.

Chase is becoming pretty vocal, mostly in the screaming department. He loves to sit in his high chair or exersaucer and squeal. I remember when Addison went through this phase. I used to think she sounded like a teradactyl. He isn't quite as screechy, but still very loud! I don't mind it, but if we're in the kitchen and I have the back door open, I will close it just so the neighbors don't think he's being tortured or something!

He is very fond of certain toys, including Sophie the Giraffe and Leap, the little frog that sings the Alphabet song (it was Addison's favorite toy when she was younger and she still likes it!) He loves going up and down steps and marching through the house. Both activities get him laughing so hard. He has such a jovial little spirit!


There's so much more I could say about our little (big) 7 month old, but there is only so much time in a day!

No comments: