Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Canadian Vacation - Day 5

Day 5 - Thursday was another relaxing day. But, really, every day is almost equally relaxing. It's so nice to wake up with no agenda. I guess I shouldn't say that. Addison always seemed to have an agenda. On this particular morning, she was sure to wake up early to make everyone a pancake breakfast. How sweet of the angel! :)

Meanwhile I found a HUGE hornet's nest. This picture and the thought of it still gives me the heebie-jeebies! The guys exterminated it that evening, in honor of my sister-in-law who was stung by one of the occupants the week prior.

Chase slept in, as usual, and was bombarded by the paparazzi before even making it down to the cabin! Grandma and Daddy got caught in the crossfire.




During the kid's afternoon naps, Dustin, his Dad, his aunt and uncle, Wrigley and I headed for a fishing trip. Wrigley is a great fishing dog and was more than excited to be invited for a trip on the boat!


That evening, Dustin and I had an "evening out alone" (the first of it's kind in the last 7 years since I've been going to Canada with him) as an Anniversary gift from his parents. I definitely wasn't prepared (attire wise) to be going out to dinner, but threw on a pair of hole-y jeans, tank top and hoodie and fit right in with all of the other diners. This flows with the ways of life of the inhabitants and visitors (many who come in on sailboats) to Manitoulin Island.


No comments: