Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dayton - Dragon's Game

Dayton has a single A baseball team called the Dragons. The games are always fun, family oriented and entertaining for people of all ages. My parents share season tickets (there's a wait list for those suckers, believe it or not!) and couldn't wait to take Addison to her first baseball game this summer. Lucky for Chase, we couldn't find anyone to babysit him so he came along (a few minutes behind us with Dustin), too! It ended up working great with his sleep schedule and though he won't remember his first baseball game, I was glad he came.

Addison with Gammy and Poppy in front of the stadium.

Someone's gotta get the boy an occassion-appropriate hat. We're at a baseball game, not on a fishing boat!

What, what's that you say? Gammy and Poppy want to treat the kids to something from the gift shop? PERFECT!


Oh wait, can we make a quick stop at the bounce house for the little princess? Awwww, thanks!


Now, about that hat....


Looks like a fit. And boy is he the cutest guy I've ever seen. I'm talking about the one in the back!


Okay, this one, too!


Don't let him fool you. It might look like he was watching the game, but chances are he was eyeing something he wanted to put in his mouth.

He almost always has to be eating/sucking/chewing/gumming something! He won't take a pacifier but he looooooooves his Sophie!

He also looooooves other people's hands.



AND his own hands. :)

And I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE those cheeks!

The princess angel got a hat, too. She's a cutie, isn't she? She is a perfect hybrid of girly girl and tomboy. She's pretty versatile!

This was her first time eating Dippin' Dots. She was in heaven!




Loving on Poppy. So sweet!



Addison asked to meet Heater, the mascot, the entire game. We finally tracked him down at the 7th inning stretch. Addison was a little hesitant to get too close at first.

But a few seconds later, she warmed up.

Enough to separate from Poppy and hold Heater's hand. Maybe our fear of large, furry, fictional characters is over!?!?!

I almost forgot....Addison made it onto the Jumbotron! I got it on video using my phone. Don't blink, you might miss it!

Addison had her first encounter with corn on the cob for dinner that night. Yes, we live in the Midwest and my child has never had corn on the cob! We aren't big corn eaters and I don't really like it on the cob because it gets stuck in my teeth so I never make it. She loved it...and has had it 3 times since! She does the grocery shopping with me and it's on display as we walk in the store. She spots it right away and asks for it, so now I make it for her and Dustin. :)

No comments: