Friday, September 18, 2009

16 weeks

Here's a little description about the peanut at 16 weeks old:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16 weeks already! People ask me how I feel and I give them 2 responses, "Good." and "Not pregnant". I've scared a couple of people with the latter part. They've thought that I meant I was no longer pregnant! Oh no! I just mean that I don't "feel" pregnant, really. Sometimes in the evenings when I've had a large dinner and the pooch sticks out a little, I do, but for the most part, no. I'm lucky in that I haven't had any bad symptoms and my daughter naps so I have time to do so myself when I am feeling sluggish. But, for the most part, I have my energy back and am feeling GREAT!
I went out with my MOM's group for Mexican last night. Mexican has been my only craving so far and boy, did it hit the spot! Follow that up with The Cheesecake Factory for desert and I was in heaven! YUM, YUM, YUM! One benefit of being pregnant is that I can use the excuse "It's for the baby" whenever I want to eat poorly!

Addison made a funny comment yesterday. We were at playgroup and one of our sweet little playmates acknowledged that she was 3 years old and Addison was a "baby". Addison lifted her shirt and said "Baby in my belly." I have to admit, it melted my heart. I've mentioned to her a couple of times (usually when she is trying to use me as a trampoline) that I have a baby in my belly and we need to be careful. I didn't think she was picking up on it. Looks like she was! Just like she picked up on my "Oh, shoot" this morning at Gymboree when after the store clerk rang up my items, I learned that I was 4 cents short of earning some Gym Bucks!
So, here are those beautiful belly pics! I know, I know. HUUUUUUGE. Tell me about it!

I feel like such a cheeseball taking pictures of myself!

No comments: