Monday, September 14, 2009

15 weeks

We've had a bit of a bug going around our house recently We've all (really, just Addison and I) been miserably sick, resulting in pure exhaustion, since my last post. But, I'm happy to announce that we are finally healthy again and good as new. I don't think we've completely caught up on lost time yet. It's easy to tell by looking at my overflowing laundry hamper. This would surprise anyone who knows me well! Tonight just doesn't feel like a laundry night, though, so I've declared it HGTV + blogging night. Laundry can wait until tomorrow. :)

Fortunately, I don't have many updates because other than multiple trips to the doctor, Addison and I were confined to our house for much of two weeks. This includes missing out on Labor Day weekend at my Mom's house, which made us all very sad.

We were feeling much better this weekend, which is good because we had quite a bit going on. Most everything is blog-worthy so stay tuned.

We'll start with a 15 week update! Drum roll please..........

Okay so there isn't much of a change, if any, from week 14.


Laugh if you want. I know I did when I saw the picture. But this is the first time Dustin's gotten in on the picture-taking action, so I just had to take the opportunity to strike a pose! Plus, I wanted to assure everyone that this pregnant body does include a face!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is some information on the baby at 15 weeks, compliments of BabyCenter.com:

How your baby's growing:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that I am no longer under the weather, I have been feeling well. I am sleeping great for the first time in a couple of years, probably as a result of being so exhausted from trying to nurse myself and Addison back to good health. I'm hoping this continues because it really makes a difference. I don't have any aches or discomforts (yet) and have a hearty appetite. I love having only good things to report. Oh, and we are soooo excited to find out the sex of the baby in a short 11 days!

No comments: