Sunday, September 14, 2008

O-H-I-O!! Go Buckeyes!

Memo to all of Mommy's Purdue friends

Please don't be mad at Mommy for letting me wear scarlet and gray. I am a true Purdue fan. Really, I am. GO BOILERS!!! WOOHOOO, Boiler up!!!

Here's the thing. I live in Columbus, Ohio. If you live in Columbus and are not an Ohio State fan, you are pretty much shunned. People buy red or gray cars here...that's it....if you drive a black, white, yellow, green, blue (oh goodness, that Michigan blue), your car is destined to be vandalized. Okay, not really...I'm exaggerating. But, seriously, when we moved here last year and Daddy went to buy a car, he noticed that the lot was full of blue cars. The salesperson said it's because no one in Columbus wants to drive a "Michigan blue" car!!! True story. Homes are adorned with OSU flags, cars are decorated with OSU paraphanalia, the streets are empty on Football Saturdays (because you're crazy if you're not either at the game or somewhere watching the game).

This city is nuts! Ohio State fans are even nuttier (awesome and nice and very polite, of course, but nutty! This includes my Aunt Julie and Uncle Josh. They are OSU alums and HUGE HUGE HUGE (times a hundred million) fans. Aunt Julie can't watch when OSU is down in a football game and cries if they lose (which isn't often, thank goodness for Aunt Julie's sake).

So, in the pictures below and surely on future occasions, you will see me in Ohio State attire. Blame my Aunt Lori. She's the one who got me this incredibly adorable cheerleading outfit. Or blame my Daddy. He's the one who accepted a job here. Just please don't blame Mommy. And if you can't bear to look, just close your eyes. :)
Future cheerleader? Not if she got Mommy's genes!

Thanks Aunt Lori!

What??? USC is beating OSU??? NOOOOOOOO, I can't look.

No comments: