Tuesday, January 26, 2010


I just wanted to give a short status update. Facebook is not responding to my desperate pleads to re-enable my account. I'm not sure what to do at this point, but it's incredibly frustrating and making it very hard to provide updates for those who might care.

So, the blog it is.

I am 34 weeks, 5 days and Chase is still tucked away in my belly. This is such wonderful news! I did spend a good portion of Sunday in the hospital being pumped with fluids and anti-nausea medicine thanks to the stomach flu, which I contracted from Addison who woke up with it Thursday night/Friday morning.

On that note, I would like to send a HUGE THANK YOU to the parent(s) who brought their sick child to The Little Gym last Wednesday. Thank you for doing this because not only did you give my daughter and me the stomach flu, but also 2 other little girls and their parents. This is how I know it came from TLG. That, and I can do the math. (I always have a very good suspicion as to where Addison picks things up.) So, thank you, parent(s) of sick child. You've made a very hard month even worse.

I mean, I really don't get it. If your child is sick, leave them home. Why infect dozens of other children? Because you want a damn medal for your kid? It's just not fair. Addison has missed out on her fair share of activities due to illnesses and I would expect other parents to be just as responsible with their children. Guess not. Instead, my daughter and I end up violently vomiting (amongst other not so pleasant symptoms) and miserable. Then we spread it to Grandma, who already has her hands full caring for us and her other Grandchildren. Fortunately, Daddy hasn't gotten it...hopefully he doesn't! We can't lose Daddy in the line-up, too!

Rant over. Sorry 'bout that!

As you can see, I'm feeling pretty crappy. I don't cope well when I am sick. On the plus side, at least I am confined to bed, anyway.

Ironically, today is Addison's due date (2 years ago). I was joking to Dustin the other day that Chase must have gotten confused and was thinking today was his due date. Fortunately, it seems as though the talk I gave him has helped him clear things up!

My next doctors appointment is Friday. Assuming nothing happens before then, I will update afterwards. Thanks for thinking about us!!


Lori said...

thank goodness for blogs and text messages and updates from Mom. Love ya sis!

Cristi said...

So sorry y'all were sick. Hope everyone is better and stronger soon. People with full term healthy babies don't get the whole idea that your germs can hurt others, can even be dangerous. I am with you - keep them home when they're sick!!! I am sure the vomiting wasn't great for trying to keep Chase sitting tight either. Praying for y'all

jayj211 said...

Sorry you two aren't feeling well. People can be so inconsiderate sometimes. As for facebook...give them about a week to get back to you. I had a mishap with facebook last year and it took them a few days to get my account back up and running. Get better soon!

Little Bits of Fun said...

Here! Here!...People need to keep their sick kiddos home! :)

Katie said...

I totally agree with you on this one! Especially with having Avery in daycare...stay home with your child if they are sick, or else the whole darn room will be! I hope you are all feeling better, we are thinking of you!

Giuseppe said...

That drives me crazy-especially when there is snot running down their nose. Hello!!! Hope you guys are hanging in there.

Cathy and Marshall said...

I appreciate where you're coming from! So sorry you both got the nasty stomach bug. It's terrible enough on it's own without being at the end of a stressful pregnancy! You poor thing. You can only hope that the sick one at TLG hadn't yet shown any symptoms and that his/her parents aren't that delusional (and inconsiderate) as to innoculate everyone else! Hang in there.

Hollywood said...

I'm with you! She (and we) love TLG--but it's a germ-fest in there. Amara was always very healthy--and since starting there in September, LITERALLY has one thing after another...and she ISN'T in daycare, and is only with my mom. She went for a makeup class Friday, and my mom just got home from her ped's office with pink eye and a sinus infection. Perfect. I don't know what to do.