Friday, January 1, 2010

31 weeks (yesterday)

Happy New Year! Twenty Ten. Sounds so futuristic, doesn't it? I love saying it, though, knowing that 2010 is going to bring us great joy and lots of wonderful memories with the newest addition to our family. We are so lucky and can't wait to meet our little man.

Actually...we can wait....at least another few weeks (hopefully 8). We are not looking for this little one to come anytime soon.

This week is one I have been looking forward to since the beginning of my pregnancy. It's a huge milestone for me as I was 31 weeks, 2 days when Addison unexpectedly entered this world. Her prematurity led to many rough days, weeks and months. We are so fortunate that everything turned out so well for Addison, but we know it could have gone another way. I have been praying that we would not have a repeat this time around and so far it's looking good. I have been feeling great and most importantly, baby boy continues to be very active. Addison's sudden inactivity is what clued me in to something being wrong...which it was...which led to her emergency delivery. (Thank you, God, for giving me strong intuition at that time in my life.)

This is why I'm especially focused on the amount of activity from baby boy. As a matter of a fact, 2 days ago, I was on the verge of calling my doctor after not feeling any movement for several hours. I sat down to relax (something I hadn't done all day) and finally felt his sweet kicks and flips. I have a feeling these next few weeks are going to be a little worrisome, but I am going to try my best to stay stay calm.

So, after tomorrow, I will be in new territory. I will almost be like a first time pregnant woman since I have no idea what to expect past 31 weeks of pregnancy. I am excited (and nervous) for the weeks to follow and seriously can't believe that we are getting so close to meeting our son!

----------------------------------------------------------
A little about the baby at 31 weeks....

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

----------------------------------------------------------

Belly Picture!

P.S. My hip is 99% better!!!!!!!!!

P.P.S. I have so many posts that I have skipped in order to get this one up in a timely manner, so stay tuned for more Christmas posts and others!

1 comment:

Lori said...

love ya Kris! you look great:)