Thursday, January 28, 2010

35 weeks

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
---------------------------------------------------------

35 weeks - woohoo! Chase is still staying warm inside the oven. I'm trying my best to give him a comfy little home so he'll want to stay there for a while longer. I am thrilled to be to 35 weeks though...will be even more so if I reach 36. We can only hope!

I am feeling much better after a couple day bout with the stomach flu. It went through everyone in our house and was not fun, but as with everything else, we survived. I am getting pretty uncomfortable as I near the end of this pregnancy, a lot of which I blame on bed rest. It's amazing how much the body can ache from just laying around. What I would give to be able to go on a walk or climb up and down the stairs right now. Another week and I'll feel comfortable going off bed rest. I can't wait!

I am going to cheat just a little this weekend. Some close friends and family are throwing me a mini-shower this weekend and I am really looking forward to it. How's this for cuteness? It's being called a "sprinkle"! It will just be a fun little get together at a yummy local restaurant before the little man arrives and I am housebound for a bit. And heck, maybe I'll get a diaper or 2. I sure hope so because "buy diapers" remains on my list of to-do's that I haven't been able to-do!

Other than that, nothing has changed from my previous update. I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow. Not sure I even want him to do a cervical exam this time. I feel like all that poking around up there might start to stir things up! Wish me luck!

Here are the 35 week belly pics. Everyone is saying I look big. I don't really see it and truthfully, I don't feel that big. But, I will say that I do believe I am carrying a hefty one. The nurses keep making up nicknames for him (such as Goliath, Mammoth, Giganto, Arnold, etc.) Hmmmmm....

If he has remained in the 75th% like he was measuring at 3 weeks ago, he probably weighs over 6 lbs. at this point. About twice as heavy as Addison was when she was born! I'm happy he's so big...might make things a little better for him if he does come early (mostly in the maintaining body temperature category). Fatten up, little guy, and keep learning that suck/swallow/breathe skill. That's a big one!



No comments: