Thursday, January 14, 2010

33 weeks

Oh how I wish the title of this blog said 36 weeks...or 37 or better yet, 38! I'd even be thrilled with 34 or 35. I know, I know...33 weeks is a big milestone (hell, every day I wake up and still have Chase snug in my belly is a milestone), but it still just seems so premature to me. And this is coming from a momma who delivered at 31 weeks in her previous pregnancy! 33 weeks is huge, when you put it that way. Just like 35 will be huge when I get there in 2 weeks! Positive thinking attracts positive outcomes. Positive thinking attracts positive outcomes! Positive thinking attracts positive outcomes!!

Say it with me. Positive thinking attracts positive outcomes!!!

Excellent, thank you!

In terms of our health, Chase and I are both doing fine. I had another NST and cervix check on Tuesday and while Chase is moving around and maintaining an excellent heart rate, I am still contracting. Nothing major and fortunately nothing that has caused my cervix to dilate, but they're still present which no one likes to see. I have another appt. next Friday, the 22nd.

I am not going to bore you with many details of bed rest - God knows I am bored enough for all of us! And yes, if you saw my facebook status, I really do wear bronzer on bed rest and indeed think it would make for an interesting book if I had the focus to write it. I get up first thing in the morning, take a shower, put on lotion, throw some gel in my hair and put on some bronzer. Then, back in the bed I go. I figure just in case I have to rush to the hospital, at least I'll be clean, soft and won't completely look like Frankenstein's bride. So, that, ladies and gents, is "Why I Wore Bronzer on Bed Rest"!

The fun/relaxation part of this gig most definitely expired after the first hour. I'm so frustrated with it that I have a hard time focusing. I have managed to do a couple of productive things. I archived 2700 email messages from my inbox (I am currently maintaining 6...isn't that awesome?!), made a shutterfly picture book, and designed 12 months of prints that I am going to iron onto onesies for Chase's "monthiversaries". I've also started on Addison's baby book (2 years later!) and have begun to better organize the thousands of pictures I have on my computer, which I am finding to be quite the task. Other than that, I am reading magazines and books (currently 3 magazines and 2 books because like I said, I can't focus on just one).

I have yet to turn on the TV, except at night once Addison goes to bed. I am not a big TV person and we don't have one in our bedroom, which is where I spend the majority of my day. I spend most of my time in the bedroom because if I am in the other parts of the house, 2 things happen. 1) I find things that could be done and am way too tempted to get up to do them...OCD, anyone? and 2) Addison demands my attention more so when she can see me.

"Stam up an' dance, Mommy!", she'll say. I'll tell her "I wish I could dance with you, baby, but Mommy has to rest." and she'll come up to me, wrap her little arms around me, shower me with kisses and say with her lips in the sweetest pout "Mommy no feel good?" It breaks my heart. Whenever I do emerge from the bedroom, she'll exclaim "Mommy woke up!" The poor thing. We've had a couple heart to hearts and I think she gets it for the most part, but it has to be so hard for her.

Yesterday, she was in major need of mommy time so she crawled into bed with me and just laid there while I played with her hair and tickled her back. After about 10 minutes, she said "Mommy, we hug more please?" (cue the tears) She ended up staying with me for awhile until deciding it was time to go back and play with my friend, Kate, who is one of the angels so kindly helping out. We've also hired a babysitter to be here 2 days a week and my mother-in-law spends a day or so here, as well. My mom is coming on weekends to give Dustin a break and in case we need to make any trips to the hospital. Addison loves all of her "caregivers" and does great with them. Such a blessing!

I am so fortunate to have so many wonderful friends and family. My Moms club has already began sign ups for meals while I am on bed rest and once Chase arrives and my best friend, Emily, has totally hooked us up with some dinners from one of those places that you go in and make yourself to take home and either eat right away or freeze for future use (though they are preparing them and delivering them to us!) Talk about generosity! Once I'm back on my feet, I owe these people. Big time!

Dustin has been working his butt off being Mr. Mom. He is juggling his job, Addison, me, cooking, cleaning, laundry, snow blowing, etc. On Tuesday, he and Addison spent an evening at the Children's Hospital Urgent Care due to Addison's foot becoming infected from her New Years Day injury. (Thankfully, the antibiotics and warm compresses seem to be taking care of the infection, but it was kind of scary and just one more thing we didn't anticipate being added to our plate of misfortunes.)

I am sure this is all starting to wear on Dustin (though he would never admit it) and the second one has yet to arrive! I feel so bad for him. If anyone knows how I can nominate him for husband of the year, please let me know. He deserves it...not even just for 2010 but for 2007 - 2009 as well. I definitely don't give him enough credit. He is just amazing.

You're amazing, honey!!! I love you!

So, with a lot of help, we're getting through this challenging time. It seems to be going by decently fast, at least. Dustin and I just keep saying that we don't want to look back and regret not doing more to help keep Chase on the inside for as long as possible, so we are doing everything we possibly can on our end. The outcome is ultimately up to God, but I trust that He is watching over us and will take care of us.
----------------------------------------------------------
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
---------------------------------------------------------


Belly pic

No comments: