Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Zoo with Daddy

Dustin hadn't a chance to go to the Zoo with us yet this year, so we took a couple hours to go as a family last Sunday after he rested up from the triathlon.
It's my goal to post a picture of every type of animal at the Zoo by the end of the year. It's not really going to happen, but it sounds like a good plan.
I have to post 2 pictures of the otters because they are just so darn cute! I think my next pet will be an otter.



The Orangutan's are interesting. They always look so sad and annoyed.
Oh my gosh, I am totally joking with that last picture. It was one of the images that came up on Google when I was checking the spelling of Orangutan. And I wouldn't have been surprised if our Orangutan's actually did that! I mean, I really appreciate the zoo, but can't help to feel like it is a little inhumane to keep animals like this in such small quarters. It makes my heart break a little.


Addison bonded with this guy as he played with his brown paper bags. Maybe she cheered him up a bit.


We never stop at the Komodo Dragon because, well, we don't care for reptiles. But, I think it's a neat concept that dragons actually do exist and wanted to get proof for all you skeptics!

No comments: