Thursday, July 16, 2009

18 month pictures (1 month late)

Okay, so I guess that would make them 19 month pictures. Simply because by the time I thought of calling my wonderful photographer, she was booked solid for weeks.
Dustin and I definitely prefer the photojournalist style over what you might get at, say, a department store or mall picture studio. This is not to say that one of these days I won't give in and take Addison to such a place, because I probably will. I am just not the biggest fan and have been able to avoid doing so thus far.
Jenni has been photographing us since Addison was 9 months old. She is an amateur, hoping-to-someday-go-professional photographer who has the eye of an established photographer. I just love her work, which gets better with each session. She photographed us on a beautiful Saturday morning at an awesome park that had so many options. Even my doesn't-know-anything-about-photography eye was scoping out all the amazing and unique photo opportunities.
Addison was a total ham, which resulted in many silly, scrunchy face pictures. Maybe a little too much, actually, but you can't just tell a happy, excited 19 month old with the BIGGEST personality to "tone it down". And I'm glad for that. I love staring into my daughters eyes in these photos and imagine what she is thinking, how she is viewing our world, how loved she feels. I love the innocence. I want to scoop her out of these pictures and kiss her all over.
Jenni presented us with over 75 pictures this time and it was hard to decide which ones to post. Below are some of my favorites.







My Sister, Brother-in-law, and Noah were in town that weekend and I thought last minute to get Noah in a couple pictures. As I suspected,the kids didn't sit still next to one another for that perfect grandparent's-gift-type-of-picture (am I overdoing the dash-between-the-word-thing in this post or what????), but we did get a few good ones of my sweet little nephew.
This was as close as we got to that perfect picture.

The infamous kiss



We are Noah's Godparents so I am very grateful for this picture.

7 comments:

Cristi said...

The pictures are awesome!

Beth said...

These pics are amazing! I can practically hear Addie's sweet little bird voice when I look at these pics!
Have fun on vacation!

Kristin said...

Wow!! Your photographer should be paying YOU to photograph Miss A. She is absolutely precious. Such a beautiful/sweet/darling little girl!!! Awesome pictures!!! You and Dustin don't look too shabby either:)

Kristin said...

I just realized I left out little Noah-he is mighty handsome as well:) I wish Addison M could have met him!!

Noah said...

BEAUTIFUl pictures..LOVE THEM!!! Good luck deciding! :)

The Goldmans said...

These are gorgeous pictures, I am sure it helps that so are the subjects, you guys are so cute. So much happiness is evident in each one of these pics :)

Hollywood said...

Peeking in the door is priceless! Those are the best moments to capture, even though you can't see her face--her BEAUTIFUL face...you have plenty for that!