Monday, February 23, 2009

What a fun weekend I had - Part 1

This past weekend was another busy one! Mommy says we don't have a weekend "off" until May, so to expect this to continue. We love staying busy/having visitors/etc. so we actually don't mind at all! Mommy's best friend, Emily (otherwise known as my "Aunt" Emily), came in from Chicago Thursday night for a weekend visit. Unfortunately, I was already asleep by the time she got to our house, but was excited to see her and rearing to go bright and early Friday morn!

In my short 15 months of life, I've learned that when Emily comes into town that I better be well rested because we do lots of shopping! So after waking from my morning nap, we headed out for some lunch and a little bit of shopping. Emily let me borrow her scarf and off we went.

A couple hours passed and as is usually the case, I was a gem. I love riding in my stroller just people watching. I rarely make a sound, which is very odd for me. Mommy and Emily thought that I was doing just that and when they saw that it was 2:00, decided it was time to head home for my afternoon nap. Just as we were leaving an indoor part of the mall to get to an outdoor part, Mommy lifted my stroller canopy to pull the blanket over me (since it was a scorching 25 degrees and we were at an OUTDOOR mall) and saw this sweet sight.

This was definitely picture worthy simply because I do not fall asleep on the go. Not on occasion. Not ever. And because I was a young preemie during last year's cold/flu/RSV season, Mommy and Daddy missed the opportunity to take me out during that time of my life when I could just sleep anywhere. So, this was a really big deal! Mommy and Emily decided to keep shopping while I took a little cat nap. Mommy said to Emily, "I give her 20-30 minutes, max." After an hour and a half, many checks under the canopy, and several attempts at picking Mommy's jaw up off the ground , I still hadn't moved an inch.

Finally, almost 2 hours and some successful shopping later, I awoke.


And I stayed like this during the last bit of shopping, a stop for smoothies, and the long, frigid walk back to the car...without making a single peep. I must have been really comfy!


And I am now Mommy's new 2nd favorite shopping buddy (I'm not sure I'll ever beat out Emily on this one)!