Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy 15 month birthday to me!

Today I turn the big 1-5. Months, that is. Mommy and I paid a little visit to my pediatrician this afternoon for my 15 month well visit. All was fine and dandy while in the waiting room. I said hi to everyone as if I knew them all so well and laughed back at the young girl who was giggling at me, which caused even more giggles and eventually became a laughing contest. I smiled as the two little boys across the way were flirting with me and read one of my favorite books to Mommy - my ABC book. I can sing "ABC" and pretend to say "HIJ" and when it comes to "LMNOP", I sure can carry a tune but the letters don't quite come out how I intend.

Anyway, I was just being my pleasant self and when the nurse called my name, I happily followed her down the hallway, holding Mommy's hand. I even walked into the exam room as if it were Disneyworld. Mommy undressed me and walked me over to the exam table. It was at this point that things made a turn for the worse. I knew exactly where I was and what they were going to do to me!

I was measured and weighed...red faced and crying the entire time. 22lb. 8 oz (55th %) and 30 1/4" long (45th %) were the results. A whole half pound weight gain in 3 months - about a pound in 6 months. No wonder my nicknames have gone from Chunky Monkey and 'Lil Chunk to Munchkin, Munchie, and Peanut. Mommy guessed my weight right on the nose, and was actually happy I had a gain to show for myself at all! The doctor said that my weight was bound to level off one of these days and based on how active I am plus my Mommy and Daddy's physical stature, he's not surprised.

Dr. B examined me and said I look wonderful. He was floored by my vocabulary (both verbal and signing) and said I have perfect form to my walking. Then he and Mommy tried to have a conversation, but couldn't hear much over my 95 decibel wailing. I just kept crying and saying/waving "bye bye". I just wanted to get out of there! But first Mommy needed to address her one concern (vaccinations). I sort of settled down during that discussion because I had a feeling I might like the end result. And I did. I only had to get one shot...all others were delayed for personal reasons! YAY for me. The DTaP wasn't so bad and we were immediately out the door. Mommy made me a paper boat while we were in the exam room and I spent the car ride home decorating it with stickers the nurse gave me. The horror is now a distant memory, though Dr. B says to expect much of the same at my 18 month appointment. I guess 15 and 18 month appointments often go like this. OY!

Well, I have some visitors coming this weekend so it's going to be another busy one. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Addison Disneyworld really will be in late 2010 or 2011 at aunt Lori's and Uncle Shawn's wedding.

Julie said...

Welcome back!!! From my brief conversation with Dustin, sounds like you had a great time!