Friday, July 18, 2008

Gammy and Poppy's house - Part 2

My last day at Gammy and Poppy's was spent seeing my great grandparents. I never realized I had so many Grandma and Grandpa's. I sure am one lucky girl!

Grandma Ruth came over for a visit after I woke up in the morning (after sleeping 12 1/2 hours, by the way!) It was so nice to meet her. Mommy talks about Grandma Ruth all the time. Grandma Ruth was married to mommy's Grandpa Sacksteder. Grandpa Sacksteder went to heaven before I was born, but he got to meet me when I was in mommy's belly, which mommy is very happy about. Mommy and I pray to Grandpa Sacksteder every night before we go to bed and tell him to give God a big hug thanking him for taking care of us and making us all better when we were both sick. Needless to say, my Grandma Ruth is very special.

After my morning nap,we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Nevius. They are mommy's grandparents. I have met both of them before and actually just saw Grandma Nevius a few days ago. Mommy told me that when she was a little girl, she was at Grandma and Grandpa's house every day. They only lived a block away! She said she learned how to be such a good cook from her Grandma and got her sense of humor from her Grandpa. Grandpa Nevius is so funny. He tells the funniest jokes and stories. When mommy was little, he would trap her in his legs and not let her go. This always made mommy laugh so hard! He taught Mommy how to roll a ball when Mommy was just a little older than me and he also taught her how to whistle. Oh, and he made sure mommy ate her bread crust because that's what makes you whistle!

Sharing my toy with Grandpa Nevius.

Before I had to leave to go home, Gammy took me to the park by her house. As usual, I LOVED the swing.

We also went down the slide for the first time. I liked it, but I'm sure I'll LOVE it, too, when I get a little bigger.

Who do you think had more fun - me or Gammy? Oh, my Gammy is just too cute!

No comments: