Monday, December 1, 2008

1 year appointment

Today I saw Dr. B for my 1 year well visit. When Dr. B first saw me, I was one month old and weighed just over 4 1/2 pounds. He and the nurses really can't believe that I'm that same little peanut. But, I'm no peanut anymore! I weigh 22 lbs. even (just like our home scale said) and am 29 1/2 inches long. That puts me in the 70th percentile for both weight and height! Can you believe it?!? Dr. B was also very impressed with my vocabulary and personality! He said I am doing just wonderfully!

As of today, I can drink milk. We have a couple days worth of formula to get through and then I will have my first taste of milk. Well, not really because Mommy shares her cereal with me sometimes and inevitably I get some milk from the spoon...but shhhhh, don't tell anyone! It will be my first taste of whole milk, anyway. I can't wait!

I also have no diet restrictions, other than foods I can't chew (obviously). To celebrate this milestone, Mommy made me a peanut butter and honey sandwich for lunch! YUMMMM-O! Just kidding! But isn't it great that I could eat peanut butter and honey if I really wanted?

Well, I think that's all the big news from my appointment today. Stay tuned for pictures from my birthday/Thanksgiving and my super fun birthday party! It's going to take a while for Mommy to sort through everything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very anxious to see pics from the bday party. Hope you got some great shots of the pinata and maybe can photo shop me in with a bat hitting it. You have no idea how hard it was to hold back pushing all those little kids to the side and giving it one good WHACK!

Katie said...

I am officially in Addison "withdrawal". When do we get to see more pics of the cutey? Hehe.