Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My actual First Birthday/Thanksgiving Day

Okay, so we're a little behind, again, with our posts. Sue us (and you'll have my Daddy to deal with). haa haa. :)

I bet everyone knows that my 1st birthday was on Thanksgiving. Mommy says it was so fitting that I shared a birthday with a day all about giving thanks for our blessings and good fortunes! Grandma F. cooked me up a great birthday meal of Turkey and gravy, potatoes, stuffing, green beans, rolls, cranberry salad and on and on. All for me!!! Well, maybe not, but it's okay to pretend. When we got to Grandma and Grandpa F.'s house, we ate our yummy Thanksgiving Birthday meal. I wore a very special bib.
After the wonderful meal, my cousin, Aaron, and I decided to burn off some calories by wrestling. I don't think I've ever had so much fun. Seriously.

Then it was time to eat again! This time it was pumpkin pie a very special birthday cake for me, Grandpa and Aunt Kathy. Grandpa and Aunt Kathy have birthdays right around mine so we celebrated all 3! Everyone sang happy birthday to us.

Then, we blew out our candles and dug in!
I didn't eat much of the pie, but the little bits I had sure were good!
After our birthday celebration, Aaron and I played some more.

We sat at the table that our Daddies sat at when they were our age. It fits us just perfectly!

Aaron decided he was too far away on the other side of the table, so came over to my side to give me a hug (he's a big hugger and soooo sweet!)
And we told each other secrets that our Mommies and Daddies will never know!


We are such good pals, my cousin and I.

Just when I thought the night was about to end, I was surprised with another birthday gift. You might remember me telling you that Grandma and Grandpa got me a kitchen for my birthday (a little early). I couldn't believe it when they had more presents for me. A cupcake book and a cupcake sleeper. I wonder how they knew that I was having a cupcake-themed birthday party 2 days later!
Thank you to all of my wonderful family for helping me celebrate a very big birthday in a very big way!! I am THANKFUL for all of you!

No comments: