Wednesday, December 10, 2008

You are invited.......

Who wants to come to my First Birthday Party?
You're all invited, so please come in!
The festivities have already begun,
and lots of my family and friends are starting to arrive.
You don't have to look far to see that it's a cupcake themed party.
complete with a cupcake pinata and all!
Since I'm the birthday girl, I get the first pull
but I didn't pull the right string, so the other kids now get a chance.
Yay! Someone pulled the magic string and all the treats fall to the floor.
I hope they save something for little old me.
Looks like they did, I walked away with a green top!
Now it's time to eat cake. I've taken my coveted top with me and I'm ready to dig in.
It takes some enticing,
but eventually I decide to get a little dirty
and by the time it's over, I am quite a mess!
Maybe my cousin, Aaron, should have shown me how it was done before the cake was put in front of me!
Once the party-goers start to go home and things settle down, I begin to open all the wonderful gifts that people brought me.
What is this from Aunt Julie, Uncle Josh, Noah, Aunt Beth and Uncle Matt?
Oh my goodness, it's a Radio Flyer wagon!
This is going to be great to ride in with my cousins!
And look, Aunt Lori and Uncle Shawn got me a Chicago Cubs Beanie Baby, named Addison. Perfect!!!
And what could be in this big box from "Aunt" Emily?
It can't be a REMO drum, it just can't be. Oh my gosh, I'm sooooo excited!
Come on, kids, we're starting a band. I'll teach you everything I learned in music class.
Peyton got me an activity walker (and some other things), which is great because I love to walk!
And Cora got me a frog that hops when I pull it.
And I got a baby from the Ferrell's that I was wishing for, but not just one baby...I got twins!
Ariana got me the fridge farm. She taught me how to play with it.
A ball pit from Gammy and Poppy. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
And Mommy and Daddy got me this activity cube.I just can't put pictures up of all the gifts I've received, but I want to thank everyone for thinking about me on my birthday, whether it was a text, email, phone call, card, gift, or coming to my party. I am a very lucky girl and really appreciate all of you who have been so kind to me in this first year of my life. :)
The party is over. It's time to hang up my tutu and party hat and call it a night. I'll end this wonderful day by keeping with the cupcake theme in my new cupcake sleeper.
Night night, Aunt Julie. Love you!
Wait, what's that? 2 hours after I go to bed, I am allowed to get up to play a little more? Well, this is a FIRST!!! Must be because I am the birthday girl and am SO BIG!!!
And because I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about my new drum
and just couldn't wait till tomorrow to play it!

I hope everyone had fun at my birthday party. I know I did. Thanks for visiting and ya'll come back now, ya hear? :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

So cute! Looks like it was a wonderful night for Addison! She got so many fun presents and I LOVED her little birthday outfit. Thanks for sharing :)

Kristin said...

I loved her little birthday outfit. So cute! She got so many fun presents. It looked like a wonderful 1st birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Why is Aunt Beth not in any shots??!