Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy 6 month birthday - 2 days late

Sorry, baby...Mommy's been so busy that I didn't have time to write you on your 6 month birthday. Better late than never, right? So....

My Dearest Addison Hope,

Today (well not really, we've already been over that!) is your 6 month birthday. That means that you have been in Mommy and Daddy's life for one half of a year. It seems like just yesterday that I was rolled down on a stretcher to look at you through the plastic box that became your home for a month. I wasn't scared when I saw you. They told me that you got 8's on your APGAR scores, which is amazing for a baby born 9 weeks early. I knew at that moment that you were a strong little girl. I wasn't worried. I just wished that I could hold you and touch more than your little hands and feet. I could barely even see your face through all the tubes you were hooked to, but I knew right away that you were the most gorgeous thing I'd ever set eyes on. Each day, you get more and more beautiful. All I ever want to do is kiss you. Kiss your eyes. Your lips. Your ears. Your fingers and toes. Those little cherub cheeks. Kisses, kisses, kisses. Everyone says you must be the most kissed baby ever. I believe it!

Now 6 months later and you have surprised us more than we ever imagined. You are 16 1/2 pounds of pure joy! You have been sleeping almost 12 hours each night unswaddled and in your crib. This is a new environment for you and I can't believe how quickly and well you have adapted! You giggle up a storm and you smile at Daddy when he comes home from work. You definitely know who your mommy is and don't like it when I have to leave for my doctor's appointments. Me either, princess! You LOVE your baths and have learned to kick so hard that the water splashes all the way up to Mommy's face. I can't wait to see what you do at swim lessons next week! You can sit on your own now, for little bits at a time. Your doctor said that you are doing everything a 6 month old should be doing. And to think you are really only supposed to be 4 months old! I love you so much, sweet baby girl. You are our precious angel and we love you more than words could say.

With unconditional love,
Mommy

Here are some photos of your 6 month photo session with Bubba and Max. I had bad timing -you were so sleepy. So, I didn't get many smiles out of you, but you are still Gawgeous, dawling!









1 comment:

Cristi said...

What a wonderful and precious gift for your beautiful little girl.