Monday, May 19, 2008

Busy weekend

Ever since the weather got nice, it seems like we haven't slowed down. We had an especially busy weekend.

First, on Saturday morning, Mommy, Daddy, and I participated in the Race for the Cure. They had to wake me up early so I could eat before we left. They never thought they would ever want to do that. Usually they like for me to sleep as late as possible! But this was a special occasion because it's important to Mommy and Daddy. There were over 40,000 people there supporting my Mommy and other people with breast cancer. We went 5 kilometers, which is 3.1 miles. It was really good exercise! There were lots of bands and cheerleaders along the way. There were some sad moments when Mommy cried a little bit (and hid the tears behind her big old sunglasses), but mostly happy ones. Mommy was really happy to be considered a survivor. She got to cross the finish line in a special area just for survivors like her. She got a medal and a pink rose. It was really cool to hear all the people cheering for her!

I was out there racing to support my MOM.

I didn't stay awake very much, but at this moment I was so Mommy had to snap a shot.

I even stayed asleep at the end when we passed 1 1/2 city blocks of motorcycle people. It was sooooo loud because they kept revving their engines. It was really neat.

Daddy works right downtown so we went to his office after the race so I could see where he spends his days. This was the view from way up there. See all those little things that look like ants wearing clothes? Those are people who were racing for my Mommy.

After the race and a short nap, we went to my cousin Aaron's first birthday party.

This is Aaron opening the present I got him.

Mommy and me in our shades.

Do you remember my first set of shades? My new ones are much better!

On Sunday, we had 2 more parties for my uncle's birthday. To wind down that night, I took a nice long bath. I kick so hard in my bathtub that I get Mommy soaking wet....and I think it's so funny.

I was so exhausted from all the partying that I slept until 11:15am this morning! Well, I woke up at 7 to eat but went right back to sleep. Now I'm all rested and getting ready for another weekend of fun!

1 comment:

Averys Nonna said...

Your pictures are so great. I wish I knew what kind of camera you have.