Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Bunnies

People have been saying that we've had a lot of snow this winter, in comparison to years past. I'm not saying that because frankly, I can't even remember what I ate for lunch yesterday let alone how much snow we got last year. So, I guess I'll take their word for it.

What I do know is that my kids LOVE the snow. Addison seriously can't get enough of it and Chase absolutely loved the cold fluff when he played in it for the first time in his life on this day.

They are my little Snow Bunnies.


Addison showed off her strength by pulling 25 pound Chase around in his sled.



We made snow angels.



And sat on the ground


And posed for the camera




And took off our mittens to feel the cold snow on our skin.

Addison made snow cupcakes - all her idea.






We had so much fun in the snow. Or at least the kids did. The truth is, I'm not much of a snow person. Bundling all of us in layers, trying to take pictures while attempting to keep mittens on a baby and wearing myself out pulling both of them around on sleds for a half hour is not exactly my cup of tea. Once a winter is good enough for me. Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to fly with the kids...especially the older one. :)

2 comments:

Cathy and Marshall said...

I'm with you - sooo not a snow/cold person. Thankfully Grant doesn't seem to like it much either, so I don't feel too guilty for not having him out playing in it all the time! I'm impressed you got mittens to stay on Chase's hands at all; it is impossible to do in our household!

Beth said...

I LOVE the picture of Addie holding the bucket. She looks like a model! She's so cute!