Saturday, May 1, 2010

3 Months Old

It's hard to believe that my little man is already 3 months old (on 4/29). Time is flying and we are having so much fun with him! I might be biased, but I think Chase is the best baby ever. He has a very mild disposition. He is calm, content, patient and extremely cuddly. One could go days without hearing him cry. If he is fussy, it's usually because he's tired, but he is on a pretty regimented sleep schedule, so he really never has a chance to get to the overly tired state.

He also has a little temper at times when I make him stop eating to burp. This is because he is a PIGGY! At 3 months, he is nearly 14 pounds. He eats about 7 1/2 ounces, 5 times a day. We alternate between nursing and bottle feeding (mostly breastmilk, though my surgery had a small impact on my production so we are supplementing formula). He will rarely take a pacifier. (I think he figures if he's going to suck on something, it better have milk coming out of it!) He is in size 2 diapers and mostly wears 3-6 month and 6 month clothes.

Chaser (Addison's favorite nickname for him) is a great sleeper (still mostly sleeping in his car seat - darn reflux!). He began sleeping in his room at about 2 1/2 months. Since then, he's been sleeping 10-11 hours at night (from 8pm-6 or 7am), eats, and goes back down until 9 or so. He takes a 1.5-2 hour morning nap and a 3-4 hour afternoon nap, then a short cat nap in his swing while we eat dinner. Every day is pretty much the same. He is very predictable.

For me, the best part about this age is the cooing, babbling, smiling, and giggling. He has the sweetest little voice and loves to "tell you a story". He is becoming a social butterfly, just like his sister. I think I have 2 big-time extroverts on my hands! He lights up when anyone talks to him. I must say, if it's been a couple hours since he last saw me, as soon as he lays his eyes on me he gives me the biggest smile. I don't know how much my heart can take of it!

Chase loves ceiling fans, balloons and bathtime. I wish I could give him 5 baths a day because he is so darn cute in his little tub....smiling the entire time. He also adores his big sister so very much and she loves to entertain him. She is a big help. She retrieves bottles and diapers and bibs and burpcloths and plays with him during tummy time. She is constantly telling Chase that he is "precious" and "sooooo cute". She enjoys telling people about her little brother. "Look at my little brother. He's so precious!", she'll say.

Addison is typically very trustworthy around Chase, though I now know that I have to keep a more watchful eye on her. A couple of weeks ago, I left my bedroom for a brief period of time while Chase was laying in his car seat. A couple of minutes later, Addison came downstairs to tell me that she got Chase out of his car seat. I ran up to find him laying face down on the floor. Not crying, mind you - just contently laying there. I said, "Addison! What happened?" and she said "I dumped him." I guess she just tipped the car seat over and out he went. Thankfully he wasn't hurt and I think we both learned our lesson!

I could go on and on about my sweet boy. He is changing so much and I fall more in love (with both of my children) with each passing minute.

Enjoy the pictures from his 3 month photo shoot!



















Last, but certainly not least....MY FAVORITE PICTURE!

No comments: