Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My sweet, sweet, SWEET Addie

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had a slight emotional breakdown last Friday on our trip to Cincinnati. First of all, this isn't a common occurrence, or ever an occurrence, really. Therefore, Addison has never seen me cry or even lose my cool. I guess I was bound to fall apart one of these days!

Chalk it up to hormones, sleep deprivation, driving 10 mph in a 65 mph zone in a snow storm with 2 young children, or maybe all of those things combined. Whatever it was and as hard as I tried, I just couldn't hold it in this time. Lucky for me, I have the sweetest, most compassionate child ever imaginable. She makes everything better no matter how bad it is!

When I first started crying, while Dustin was strapping down the mattresses, I had my head resting in my hand, hoping Addison wouldn't notice.
A: Mommy, you okay?
M: Yes, honey, Mommy is okay.
A: Mommy, your hair hurt?
M: Yeah, baby, my hair hurts.
A: Mommy, don't cry. Your hair beautiful.
M: Aww, thanks baby. You're so sweet.
A: Mommy, it's okay. Please don't cry. I love you, Mommy.

(This continued for close to 1/2 hour)

Second breakdown was on the road a while later. The conversation went something like this (continuing until I collected myself):

A: Mommy, you crying?
M: No, sweetie, I'm not crying (lie).
A: Don't cry Mommy. Your hair beautiful.
M: Thank you, baby.
A: Mommy, your eyes beautiful.
M: Thank you, Addison.
A: Mommy, I give you big hug right now (stretches her arms out towards me). I hold you when we get there, Mommy.
M: Okay, sweetie. I would like that.
A: You all better now, Mommy?
M: Yes, I am all better now. Thanks, baby.

No comments: