Friday, July 2, 2010

5 months old

UPDATE: It seems I have underestimated my guess on your weight at 5 months. I just weighed you and according to our home scale, you weigh 18.4 pounds. Like I said, BIG BOY!

ORIGINAL POST:
(I am a couple days late posting this - Chase turned 5 months on June 29)

Dear Chase,

I sit here writing this on the eve of the completion of your 5th month and it's really hard for me to believe that so much time has passed. In the last couple of weeks, I feel like you have gone from infant to baby. You seem so grown up to me already. Your personality is really showing now.


I know I always say this, but you are just the happiest baby in the world. You smile constantly, especially when you are being given attention...or really whenever anyone looks at you. It's like you sit there and wait for someone to look at you so you can flash your big grin. There isn't much that upsets you. Honestly, other than a few "I'm tired" cries/fusses, the only time I've heard you cry in the last few weeks is when your sister accidentally smacked your face with the toy bar of your bouncer seat. She was just trying to get it back on for you because we had taken it off when we were feeding you cereal. Mommy wasn't watching. You cried the most pathetic little cry and couldn't catch your breath. I had never heard such a cry from you - it was heartbreaking!
You are very easy going and you don't know how much I appreciate that. I guess I should thank your Daddy for that one...you definitely got his genes! Not to mention everyone thinks you look a lot like him!



You are a BIG boy. I am not sure how much you weigh now, but I am guessing it's in the 17.5/18 pound range. You wear mostly 9 month clothes, but we still try to squeeze you in some 6 month clothes (like the onesie you are wearing above...which was a major feat! Just for the record, I am pretty sure you won't be wearing your 6th, 7th and 8th month ones because they're all 6-9 month) as well as some 6-9 months. You wear size 3 diapers and I swear some days I feel like you'll be out of those before we know it!
Just look at those rolls!
And that tummy!
In the past month:
You started to roll front to back. You don't do it a lot....I think because you are perfectly content on your tummy.
You ate cereal and loved it (I need to start getting more consistent with that.)
You have started sitting unassisted for a few seconds at a time, then slouch forward.

You have begun to interact with your toys and reach for things.


You are still sleeping an average of 10 hrs straight at night, then go down for another 2-3 and 4-5 hrs during the day (broken into 2 naps). It's no wonder you are always happy, laughing, and smiling with all that sleep you get! You're such a goober and get yourself turned all around in your crib. I'll lay you down one way and when I go to get you in the morning, you've rotated 180 degrees.
You love to eat, still taking around 8 ounces at each feed.


You squeal all the time, sometimes for attention and when you get laughing really hard...especially when it's at your sister (who you just LOVE LOVE LOVE. Love to watch, love to talk to, love to smile at. LOVE!)
You are such a cuddler. You love to nestle your face into my neck and give me kisses. Speaking of kisses, you've given us kisses since you were just a couple weeks old. If we get close to your face, you open your mouth and we turn our face to get a big, wet smooch on the cheek. It's so great!

It's hard to imagine what it was like before you came into our lives. I thank God every day for bringing you to us. We are so lucky. You are an amazing boy, Chase. Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy love you SO VERY MUCH!

No comments: